By Rakesh Srivastava
(for either volumes) Apoptosis, phone Signaling, and Human illnesses: Molecular Mechanisms, Volumes 1 & 2, current a concise synthesis of contemporary advancements within the knowing of either mobile survival and apoptotic pathways. specific recognition is given to apoptosis in human illnesses, corresponding to varied different types of melanoma and neurodegenerative ailments. those finished volumes combine the main leading edge and present findings from a number of comparable disciplines of medical examine, together with pathology, genetics, virology, phone biology, immunology, and molecular biology. quantity 1 is split into sections: "Malignant Transformation and Metastasis" and "Molecular foundation of disorder Therapy." quantity 2 follows an analogous constitution and is split into sections entitled "Kinases and Phosphate" and "Molecular foundation of phone Death." the entire participants are on the leading edge of medical discovery, and the studies they current systemically learn the main intriguing and cutting edge elements in their specific components of craftsmanship. Researchers will locate those volumes of significant gain as they look for novel and more suitable remedies for human illnesses.
Read or Download Apoptosis, Cell Signaling, and Human Diseases: Molecular Mechanisms PDF
Similar developmental biology books
Learn at the molecular facets of fish copy has advanced quickly over the last few years. With the provision of wide-ranging molecular instruments, fish researchers have elucidated some of the molecular mechanisms regulating replica which function within the mind, pituitary and gonad. This learn has printed novel editions of reproductive hormones and their receptors, and has shed new gentle at the mechanisms wherein lots of those genes could be activated.
This quantity is the easiest on hand device to match and appraise the several techniques of today’s biology and their conceptual frameworks, serving as a springboard for brand new examine on a clarified conceptual foundation. it's anticipated to represent a key reference paintings for biologists and philosophers of biology, in addition to for all scientists drawn to realizing what's at stake within the current changes of organic versions and theories.
This multi-author, six-volume paintings summarizes our present wisdom at the developmental biology of all significant invertebrate animal phyla. the most elements of cleavage, embryogenesis, organogenesis and gene expression are mentioned in an evolutionary framework. every one bankruptcy provides an in-depth but concise evaluation of either classical and up to date literature, supplemented by way of various colour illustrations and micrographs of a given animal crew.
Apoptosis and improvement, the most recent quantity of present themes in Developmental Biology keeps the legacy of this preferable serial with caliber chapters authored via leaders within the box. This quantity covers learn equipment in apoptosis and improvement, and comprises sections on such subject matters because the non-lethal position of apoptotic proteins and germ line cellphone demise in Drosophila.
- A Cell Biologist's Guide to Modeling and Bioinformatics
- BIOS Instant Notes in Animal Biology
- The Zebrafish: Genetics, Genomics, and Transcriptomics, Volume 135, Fourth Edition (Methods in Cell Biology)
- Stem Cell Biology (Cold Spring Harbor Monograph Series, 40)
- Marrow Stromal Cell Culture (Handbooks in Practical Animal Cell Biology)
Extra info for Apoptosis, Cell Signaling, and Human Diseases: Molecular Mechanisms
27. Otten AD, McKnight GS. Overexpression of the type II regulatory subunit of the cAMPdependent protein kinase eliminates the type I holoenzyme in mouse cells. J Biol Chem 1989;264:20,255–20,260. 28. Amieux PS, Cummings DE, Motamed K, Brandon EP, Wailes LA, Le K, et al. Compensatory regulation of RIalpha protein levels in protein kinase A mutant mice. J Biol Chem 1997;272:3993–3998. 29. Tasken K, Skalhegg BS, Solberg R, Andersson KB, Taylor SS, Lea T, et al. Novel isozymes of cAMP-dependent protein kinase exist in human cells due to formation of RI alpha-RI beta heterodimeric complexes.
Several laboratories have identified the PIP3 regulated kinase, PDK-1, as the kinase responsible for PKC activation loop phosphorylation (46,52). Phosphorylation at two additional C-terminal sites contributes to the stability of the kinase. These include an autophosphorylation site and a C-terminal hydrophobic site (48). Phosphorylation at these sites renders PKC protease and phosphatase resistant, and catalytically competent. However PKC is still in an inactive conformation in which the substrate binding pocket is occupied by the pseudosubstrate domain.
100. Kirschner LS, Carney JA, Pack SD, et al. Mutations of the gene encoding the protein kinase A type I-alpha regulatory subunit in patients with the Carney complex. Nat Genet 2000; 26: 89–92. 101. Bossis I, Voutetakis A, Bei T, Sandrini F, Griffin KJ, Stratakis CA. Protein kinase A and its role in human neoplasia: the Carney complex paradigm. Endocr Relat Cancer 2004;11: 265–280. 102. Griffin KJ, Kirschner LS, Matyakhina L, et al. Down-regulation of regulatory subunit type 1A of protein kinase A leads to endocrine and other tumors.